Roz Stendahl invented INTERNATIONAL FAKE JOURNAL MONTH, an activity which encourages participants to engage in visual journal work as someone other than oneself. Lots of information can be found here: INTERNATIONAL FAKE JOURNAL BLOG.
Last year I participated and my initial choices entailed too much work. You can see the my 2013 FAKE JOURNAL HERE.
The theme for 2014 is NO EXPLANATIONS.
I am keeping things very simple:
• The style is one I can do quickly, and is much more graphic than I would use in my regular journal.
• The tools are simply india inks and Pro-White.
• I am working in panels because this is an approach that is foreign to me for the most part. My journals are usually just collections of drawings, and can have a very random feeling in style and content.
• The images are stream of consciousness, generated by a character who is in her 20’s and sees the world through the format of a graphic novel. Anything can end up in her visual journal, including her friends, her work, her odd ball dreams, and her old photos.
• I can accomplish a lot in 30 minutes with a brush and ink.
• I have no idea what will happen from panel to panel. The month will reveal what lies in store.
IFJM 2014 P1-2. © 2014 ELLEN WARD. India Ink on paper. Do not reproduce, reblog or pin to respect copyright.
IFJM 2014 P3-4. © 2014 ELLEN WARD. India Ink on paper. Do not reproduce, reblog or pin to respect copyright.
IFJM 2014 P5-6. © 2014 ELLEN WARD. India Ink on paper. Do not reproduce, reblog or pin to respect copyright.